Monday, September 23, 2013

Thank You Victoria Dougherty! Re-blogged via COLD


I Love Hunter S. Jones
September 23, 2013


I adore Hunter S. Jones. Not only is she an awesome music blogger, but she rights original and quirky stories that make readers go crazy. Her first book, Fables of the Reconstruction, climbed the Amazon ranks in a way rarely heard of for, well, a first book…or most books for that matter.

So even though Cold is not exactly a hotbed of romance, I am so happy to be letting you all know about Hunter’s brand-spanking new romance novel, September Ends.

Get it. Read it. Fall in love for heaven’s sake. What have you got to lose?

Here’s a little preview:

SEPTEMBER ENDS

By

Hunter S. Jones

Overweight and dull. That’s how I felt.

My grandfather and brother died. I hid inside a black cave deep in my soul, numbed for a decade on meds, booze, and bad love, married to my glorious career.

My name is Liz Snow, from Atlanta, Georgia, and this is my story.

One hot summer I fell hopelessly in love with successful attorney, Peter William Hendrix III, from Chattanooga, Tennessee. We bonded because of Shelley and Keats. Pete introduced me to the works of modern English poet, Jack O. Savage, It was like The Poet was drawing us together through his blogs and poems, like he had a message for my life and my love with Pete Hendrix.
I lived it in my heart and soul.

It all went tragically wrong once I learned Pete’s secret.

As September ends I jet to London, England. I didn’t realize it when I went, but it was to be the start of a new life. Pete Hendrix betrayed me big time. There was no time for my revenge. With an unstable mind, and a broken heart – my life was a kaleidoscope of stabbing shards of pain.

London ignored me. Maybe I didn’t exist. I was lost and lonely in a flat in Kensington. I hear that Jack O. Savage will make a rare public appearance. I wrangle an invitation to the art gallery where he is reading. I was curious. In some ways, he was the cause of my trouble.
It turned out my fallen rock-star-with-words was even more damaged than I.

Jack O.Savage, The Poet became my friend.
Then, an unexpected kiss at a county fair on a perfect English summer’s day changed everything forever. Jack the man became my lover.
Magic.
My elusive dream of a lifelong love began.
If Pete was what I’d always wanted, Jack was what I always needed.
The mystery unraveled as the kaleidoscope of my broken life evolved and I found myself living a rainbow of perfect bliss.

Sometimes when you believe it’s the end, it’s only the beginning.

September Ends is a contemporary romance with erotic and supernatural elements. It reveals the intricate web of passion and desire which ensnares Liz Snow, Pete Hendrix and Jack O. Savage. The story is told through Liz Snow’s diary, Jack O. Savage’s poetry and insights, and from letters sent across the Atlantic. Traveling throughout the lushness of a summertime in Tennessee and Georgia, September Ends journeys into the elegance of London’s West End and is finally settled in the countryside of Cornwall, England, a decade later.

September Ends is the story of sin, redemption and salvation through love, because love happens when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment